New to me 2000 D2 and a few problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Junkers

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I just bought a 2000 D2 with 139k miles. It doesnt smoke, leak much oil(but it does has a few small leaks). It has no strange noises, or any warning lights lit up. It starts up fine and the trans shifts great. I love it! It is also in my favorite color. Its dark grey with metal flake. Also the previous owner just put in a rebuild front drive shaft with greasable u-joints. I found a few problems with it while i was cleaning it.

1. The S and M light doesnt light up when you first turn the key for the instrument panel light check. Also when i press the mode button while in high and low the lights still wont light up. I took the panel apart to see if it was a blown bulb but they are not replaceable. I tried to look at the rave cd but it isnt working right for me right now. is there a way to test the system with out sending it to a dealer?

2. The head lights pig tails are burnt and melted. If i turn the lights on the drivers side is dim and the other is bright. if i switch the bulbs they dont turn on at all. I switched them back and left them on for a while with the D2 running and they didnt get hot enough to melt the plastic or burn the cables. Maybe the previous owners had a cheap HID system installed? none of the wires are cut though. or could it be a bad ground some where. only the ground wires are burnt. and where could i get a set of replacements at?

3. Anyone wrap the headers and part of the exhaust that goes near the drive shaft with header heat wrap yet? Think it will help with the heat problem or just create more problems like if the cats or 02 sensors will get to hot?

4. I also need new headliner. Mine is sagging big time. is the kit at http://www.landroverheadliner.com/ good? i plan on doing it myself just need to know if it will last.

5. I also need new tires. Whats the biggest i can fit under a stock d2 with 16" rims with no rubbing?

6. Anyone know a good maintenance tech near cincinnati ohio?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
1 = could be an issue or just bad bulbs
2 = more than likely a bad ground
3 = could be just worn out hinges or just needs an adjustment... can't remember if the d2 is adjustable or not.
4 = you have Nathan and John near louisville (in my Signature)

Junkers

Reaction score
Is the S and M system on a fuse some where? My rave cd isnt working right and i have no owners manuel. thanks

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
No fuse specific to the M and S. You have a transmission fuse, but if that was bad you would have other issues, like not shifting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV