New to SoCal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Airboss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm new to SoCal and I need to find a dealer for my 15k service. I'm smack dab in the middle of two and I need help choosing one of them. I have several minor problems that need to be fixed and I want to take it to the most competent dealer so I don't have to repeat my 6 hour journey.

My choices are:
o Land Rover Rancho Mirage
o Land Rover Las Vegas

If nobody has anything positive to say about either of those, I suppose I could drive to LA or San Diego. I just want to be able to take care of my 15k and some minor issues in one trip.

PLEASE...I really need your opinions! Thanks!

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know anything about either. Try calling Kensington Motors in Las Vegas and ask them for feedback on the LRLV. Also try LRCLV club and see if they have an opinion. Where exactly in SoCal are you if Las Vegas is one of your closer options? As for dealer success, I have found it useful, but not perfect, to create a detailed listing of all you want done, estimate the repair parts needed, find out the part numbers, track down the TSB numbers if pertinent, and send it all in advance to your service writer via email. Be very specific about getting a loaner, having the work down on the day of your appointment, or a truthful estimate for completion of the work, and be sure to stipulate your expectations of a loaner, and to demand a confirmation of your items in advance.... Having said all that, I have had good success recently at Land Rover Newport Beach. They have a new service manager and they are making good efforts. AirBoss, you should definitely join a rover club! I was up in Death Valley last weekend pre-running the trails for Rover Rendezvous happening at the end of the month. We had a blast. Photos will be posted later this week.

Last edited by a moderator:

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Airboss, if you end up having to come to San Diego I can tell you that the LR
dealer here is pretty good. Service writers are cool and will listen to
your input if there is a problem other than scheduled service. They have
thier moments like any other dealer, but when I had the "fault" gremlins
they were pretty helpful. Just joined the Land Rover Club of San Diego
and they look like they have some great runs on tap for this year. You
may want to give them a shout. Good luck!

mhb907

Reaction score
San Diego LR Service

The service department at Miramar Land Rover (San Diego) is very good.

Airboss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AirBoss, you should definitely join a rover club! I was up in Death Valley last weekend pre-running the trails for Rover Rendezvous happening at the end of the month. We had a blast. Photos will be posted later this week.

Yes, I know. I intended on joining SCLR as soon as I moved here, but I got really busy really fast. I do visit the SCLR site (as well as your own) very often to check out the news and pics. Bummer that I missed you guys in Calico, I'm only a few miles away at Ft. Irwin.

Anyway, thanks for the good dealer advice!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635