Newbie Member

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WereWolf1967

Reaction score
Hi All

I just purchased my first Range Rover, a 2000 P38 4.0 SE and am duly impressed.

I told my wife of 43 years that I would either get her a military Hum-Vee or a Range Rover. Well, my BMW repair shop owner & mechanic was selling his wife's 2000 Range Rover with 178,000 miles. Since I knew the vehicle's history, it was a no brainer. Since he had recently re-done the head gaskets, wiring harness, air bags and installed new Michelin tires, it was a steal at $3,400.00. The interior is perfect & so is the white body

Living in the mid-south in Knoxville, TN I wanted a white vehicle. Driving this is an adventure. It gives a feeling of extreme solidity. While I did give give up performance and handling over my bilstein HD equipped 528i, it's a good trade.

I'm a professional Roofing and Waterproofing Consultant so I travel extensively with many sojourns to construction sites and rural roads. This is where the P38 will come in handy. I hope to learn a lot from the group.

Art Tafil
(the WereWolf part of my log-on name is my old "call sign" from my days as an F-4 Phantom pilot in The Marine Corps in Viet-Nam).

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum....

Navy A-6E guy here.... Sadly not a pilot, but that was my aircraft my first 4 years and through Desert Storm

WereWolf1967

Reaction score
A6e

We're you the BN or EW Officer?

I flew many a MiG cap missions up north flying high cover for A6b's off of the CV64 Constellation & Kitty Hawk. You guys had big brass balls flying unarmed.

It was bad enough for us with 4 Sparrows & 4 Sidewinders. Back in 66 & 67 many was the time after getting a lock & firing an AIM7 Sparrow at a MiG that the missile would just release & tumble out of the missile bay & fall to the ground. If you locked up a bogey under 6,000 yds. With an AIM9 Sidewinder it would usually lose the heat signature and take off into the wild blue yonder.

Technology is great when it worked.

Art (WereWolf) Tafil
Former active duty Captain, United States Marine Corps VMFA542 (Bengals).

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Again sadly I was the paper pusher that took care of all the paperwork and logs and Records, but I still have very found memories of the Aircraft. I even have a model sitting on my desk.

WereWolf1967

Reaction score
A6e

There was talk back in 67 about cross training some of our RIO's as BN's because we were losing so many air crews to AAA & SAM's up north.

I know our squadron kept a lot of MiGs off of their sixes back then.

I even got one **** in December of 1966, a MiG-21. I fired off 2 AIM 9's about two seconds apart at him. The first detonated a couple of feet behind his tailpipe and the second one detonated in the fireball, blowing the rear half of his fuselage & engine off. Splash one MiG.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM