Nitto Terra Grappler 255/60/18

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beantmt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just noticed that Discount Tire has the Nitto Terra Grapplers in 255/60/18 (stock dia). Is this something new? I haven't seen any talk about this tire in the stock size.

I still haven't pulled the trigger on a new set of tires, and I've got about 24k miles on the stock Goodyears. I got stuck in a bit of snow recently (off-road), so I am getting anxious to change :) I kind of want to stick with the stock size so that I can use chains (I've never needed to, but I *am* in Utah). I was trying to decide between the Scorpion ATR and the General Grabber AT2, but it looks like I may need to consider the Terra Grapplers too!

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just looked. . only saw 255/55R-18 109H . . .

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does look nice . . . what kinda driving do you predominantly do?

beantmt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does look nice . . . what kinda driving do you predominantly do?

That's the thing... It's a mom-mobile during the week and we take it offroad occasionally on the weekends. Hoping for at least one Moab trip this year.

beantmt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fwiw, these Nittos do have an S speed rating. The LR3 manual says to use H or V. The load index of the tire is 112, though, which meets the manual secs.

RvDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BUY THEM! YOU WON'T REGRET IT! I ran Nitto Terra Grapplers on my VW Tourage for 4 years. They were brilliant on road, off road and even thru rain and snow. Great ride and traction!

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
road noise?
does the speed rating make a difference?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635