Quick Tires Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guy Harding

Reaction score
Hey Everyone

I dont know about tires and I have a 2010 LR4 with 18' Compomotive rims on it, I have been running 285/60/R18 Nitto Grapplers for some time but need to purchase a new full set and Nitto dont make that size anymore. Is there any reason why I wouldn't run Nitto Grappler 265/65/R18 instead?

Used 75% in town and 25% off-road.

Thanks

Guy

MRLR4

Reaction score
The size you propose is correct. Any larger can result in immobility if the suspension drops all the air.

CRYA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could also jump on the pizza cutter bandwagon and go skinny but taller profile. There was a comprehensive post on it a week or so ago. I run compos with ridge grapplers at 265/65. They’ve been pretty awesome across lots of different terrain. Snow runs down to 15psi. But I may try the pizzas. The 265 grapplers will likely rub on your horns at full lock.

Guy Harding

Reaction score
You could also jump on the pizza cutter bandwagon and go skinny but taller profile. There was a comprehensive post on it a week or so ago. I run compos with ridge grapplers at 265/65. They’ve been pretty awesome across lots of different terrain. Snow runs down to 15psi. But I may try the pizzas. The 265 grapplers will likely rub on your horns at full lock.
Thanks everyone, why did you go with the Ridge Grappler over the Terra Grappler ??

Guy

CRYA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, why did you go with the Ridge Grappler over the Terra Grappler ??

Guy
I ran Terras in my 322. It’s more of a highway light off-road tire and for the LR4 I wanted to to get into some gnarlier terrain so just stepped up a notch in their range. I was really happy with Terras too. The Ridges have been prettt great off-road. But still don’t cut it in sloppy mud.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72