No power, HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richterjustin08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 98 disco.. give or take the motor has between 80-100 k miles on it... I just discarded complete head job... Full valve job on heads, new head gaskets, bolts torqued, new exhaust manifold gaskets, those bolts torqued as well.. new inatake gasket, intake bolts torqued S well... also new spark plug wires as well.
Today was first day to drive it and on the way to church while driving it feels like it won't move, it goes but feel like a build up like it chugging.. as I get to church I can smell something burning like hot , do not know if its tansmission or brakes.. I did also put a new master cylinder on as well, I blessed the brake lines to get air out of them... Before I had did that I drove the truck down the road and was using the e brake to stop.
HELP HELP HELP .. I HAVE ALREADY PUT MONEY INTO MY TRUCK I AM NOT GOING TO SELL AT ALL IT'S A GOOD TRUCK.

richterjustin08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh and I do have a little tear in the hose that goes from the throttle body to air filter.. that still shouldnt cause it to drive or shift like this should it??

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tape the tear for now. Do you have any fault codes if so what are the numbers?
Did you use new head bolts and how were they torqued?

richterjustin08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes I use new head bolts because I haven't checked yet but I'll let you know on the code sir

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635