Not your Typical Sunroof Leaking Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rhigham

Reaction score
So. Wet passenger Rear floorboards high next to the step-up below the C post. It's been a bit of a mystery as to why I could not figure this out. No water from the CJ Box, A-pillars have sealed clips and also caulking. Drain plugs are all clear and water on the ground when they are tested except the passenger rear drain. No water.

The headliner is dry except that there is water detected at the top of the C post (popped off the plastic trim) inside where the seat belt attaches and it's wet!.

Ran a platic **** wacker cord down the rear drain hole in the sunroof and does not exit then drain end. Ran from the end of the drain back up to the sunroof and same thing. Close and can hear something just cant find the opening.

I am thinking that the tube has come uncoupled from the sunroof drain?

Is there a connector there or a ****** that might have rotted or come detached?

Anyone have any thoughts on this.

I was thinking of pulling the headliner a bit loose on that side and seeing if I can peak up there but I am sure someone has been through this before.

Thanks

Robert

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Attached are two sections of the owner's manual that cover the sunroof drains albiet less detailed that I would like. I've replaced my front drains but have never messed with the rear ones. The second section on water leaks may give you some ideas for other points of egress. My front floorboards were still soaked after replacing the sunfroof drains which were definately rotted at the end and leaking. After several attempts I found that where I had run my satellite radio cable under the top front door trim was directly in a drainage spot for the roof and after some fancy silicone work I was able to get it 99.5% stopped. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Description and Operation.pdf
    218.6 KB · Views: 78
  • Water Leaks.pdf
    134.8 KB · Views: 95

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV