o2 sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bleizit

Reaction score
Woooaaahh - Why spend up to $1000 for O2 sensors? I replaced all four of mine from http://www.mccullochs.com/WalkerOxygenSensors.html. The replacements are not cut and splice universals, but direct replacements. If you need LR #AMR6244, then Walker #250-24512 work perfectly and cost me around $90 each including shipping... Problems went away, MPG up and emissions passed.

Clydon - Please add you vehicle to your profile. These replacement numbers are for my 99D1, yours may be different but the McCullochs will take care of you. Great guys!

Reaction score
I'm not trying to "out wataburger", but I got mine for like 65 a pop and about 15 for shipping. they were aftermarket direct replacements no wire cutting, etc. Mine's a Disco II though. If anyone would like the website/contact info for where I got them pm me.

Chongo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey
Hey Wolf, you think that is why I had the major pain issue doing mine one day I will learn how to do it the easy way... but until then I love the cuts and abrasions.
Hi Joey;

When I first took a look at the front 02 connections - I thought there must be an access panel coming from the cabin or where can I find a midget to get at those darned things. But, funny enough, one of the tech dudes at Atlantic British told me that it was just a pain no matter what but that I could lessen that pain by removing the coil paks assembly.

Wolf

Hi Wolf & Joey……. I agree with the earlier models being difficult. Seems in my 04 the connectors are a lot lower on the engine block easy to get at. Although now my left rear wheel bearing seal seems to be leaking.:hahaha: However the earlier models were not made to service this item easily for reasons unknown, Probably just a bit of British humor for the Rovers destined for USA……
Having to replace one on an older Rover and not having a plenum gasket on hand, what I did was remove the fan shroud and engine mounts and lowered the engine to rest on a 4x4 block of wood between the front axle and the oil pan, This left me a lot of room to work behind there. But the fridge lost 6 Newcastle’s in the process… :beer:….. Chongo
:bandit:

RoverDisco98

Reaction score
Remember the sensors on the DI through 98 are different and much more expensive then the later ones and the standard sensor socket will not work. Having just gone through this here are few tips that will help

First. Cut the wires off the sensor at the base of the sensor. This will allow you to use a deep well socket (17mm) or a box wrench, six sided is best, to unscrew the sensor. Use lots of PB Blaster before you start If they do start to strip go to Sears and pick up a set of nut extractors. They will fit down over the sensor and you can use a wrench to loosen them, Tight quarters but it can be done The alternative is to drop the Y pile.

Second. Having cut the wires you have more play when disconecting the two front ones. Take a close look at the rear connectore and you will see that they latch to a little tab in the same manner a the two connector halves latch The fronts are the same. If you can release them from the tab it will be easier to get the two halves apart

Third When you do seperate the connector halves inspect half that remains attached to the truck. The wires tend to loosen or pull out of the connector, be sure they are firmly inserted or you will throw codes even with the new sensors.

Fourth (Optional) I spliced a lenght of trailer harrnes (four wire) to lenghen the leads on the front sensors, again to make it easire to reattach. Be sure to solder the wires or they will lossen and again throw codes.

d.a.r.y.l

Reaction score
O2 sensor could be valve problem

Hey Joey,
Since we are in the same town who can I get to do a head job on a 2001 Disco.It started out as an O2 engine light fault.Does that make since to you.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
What error are you getting? Valve Job, I doubt that this is the issue... Shoot me a PM so we can talk.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM