OBD 2 Unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R

RadRocker

I have been thinking about buying an OBD 2 unit to read the different error lights on my discovery. Do any of you have these units? Do they work well when a light goes off? Where can you buy them cheap?

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
I have one that was purchased from a friend. I paid 100.00 for it. It works wonderfully! I like to moniter the systems and when I check the systems ( SES light) it will give me PD (pending codes)..like right now I am receiving PD 1185 (02 sensors woes). It will also clear codes, or erase them. It is generic so it can be used on all OBD2 cars 1996 or newer. Try EBay, AutoZone, Pep Boys, or O'Reilly's. The one that I have is orange and it is made by Acutron.
Best, Melissa
1998 D1

G

Gig

Actron Works

I just got one myself for my Ex's 98. When I first tried it it failed all the time. I called Actron and he told me the unit was bad. He also told me that they had real problems with the 96-97 Disco's, but should be all worked out. Anyway, I took mine back and works like a champ. I paid $78.00.

R

roverX

car chip

Try a Car Chip from www.ambientweather.com I got mine for 99 bucks, will read codes and turn off the Check Engine Light. Comes with the software too. Extrememly easy to use. It can be used on multiple cars too.

I

icemike

You can also purchase a connector and software from www.obd2.com to use with a laptop. But, you can only reset the CHECK ENGINE light, but cant reset the SERVICE ENGINE light on 96-up Range Rovers. I've owned this unit since 2002 and has came in handy numerous times.

R

roverX

I have a handy dandy little tool that I will sell you for about 10 bucks plus shipping that will turn off that Service Engine Light. I call it the "paperclip." They are available at some retail stores... LOL

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9