Off road tires fro LR4 with 18" wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry it took so long, I was traveling. Chad Manz, a fellow AZLRO member, took these photos of my 2010 LR4 LUX HSE HD with Compomotive 18 inch wheels and BF Goodrich 265/65-18 tires. Check out the winch and skid plate! See www.azlro.org for the article. (sorry my photos are so huge! Couldn't figure out how to reduce the pixel size)
Oh no, I could not see the pictures.... Did they show up? I am so excited for you!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fellow tire-crazy LR4 enthusiasts...

FYI - Please see below information and pictures from Barry at Components Automotives 73 Limited (3 May 2011). If you get the Johnson lift kit mentioned previously, then you will not need to do the plastic cutting work Barry alludes to in his various recommended tires. This is just some info I am passing onto the group from Barry so take it for what it is worth-additional information for helping with some market research.

I am happy to confirm that we are able to offer our 8x18 PD rim to suit the LR4.

We have just completed the process of confirming all the fitments for this new wheel on the many varied Land Rover brake options / vehicles.

We have supplied for all model of Land Rover with this wheel via our Australian importer = www.greenovalexperience.com

So as long as your car does not have the Brembo branded logo on the caliper all will be fine.

If you have the Brembo branded brake caliper then the steel blocks that are bolted on would need to be removed or relocated to allow the fitment of an 18” rim

The rim is made to take your original Land Rover alloy wheel lug nut and Land Rover centre caps. So should be a case of just fitting your new tyres and driving away from the garage.

The stock colour we have is Anthracite Grey – but can also offer silver and satin black options.

The rim price is £175 gbp each – plus transport. The cost of the transport to a US mainland address is £220 gbp. So making a total of £1095 gbp for 5 rims.
Excluding any local taxes or duties that may apply in your country.

Tyres-

You can use the regular 255 55 x 18 tyre or 265 65 x18

We recommend the following for touring and medium off-road work:
General Grabber AT2 255/60R18
Continental CrossContact AT 255/600R18
Yokohama Geolander AT/S 265/60R18
Cooper ATR 265/60R18
Goodyear Silent Armor 265/60R18
For more serious off-road (but will need light plastic cutting):
BFG AT 265/65R18
Cooper Zeon LTZ 285/60R18
For very serious off-road (will need more modification):
Maxxis Bighorn 275/65R18
Hankook MT 275/65R18

Components Automotives 73 Limited
4/6 Wulfrun Industrial Estate
Wolverhampton
West Midlands
WV10 6HG
Those tires look AWESOME!!! Wow! I love them!

Joanne

Reaction score
Sorry, my photos exceed the MB capacity of the website. I am working on reducing them down.

Joanne

Reaction score
Here is the wheel

Attachments

• WheelVerySmall2.jpg
    WheelVerySmall2.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 184

Joanne

Reaction score
Another photo. Sorry so small. I had to reduce the file size. See www.azlro.org for my full article on the wheels and tires.

Attachments

• LeftSide1Small.jpg
    LeftSide1Small.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 163

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rendak