oil cooler lines on a 96 discovery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jastutte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My discovery's oil and transmission fluid lines are leaking fluid. Do I need to replace these with new hard and soft lines or can I can i reuse the hard lines and have a parts shop fab up soft lines with compression fittings?

Thanks,

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
for the money I would have new lines custom made.... soft or hard (dang that sounds bad) doesn't matter.

jastutte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok. using the search function i found out that I can get hydraulic lines made up by a shop and it should be alright.

deeb

Reaction score
hopefully im not too late with this...

i just dealt with the same thing with my transmission fluid cooler. i brought it to a hydraulic shop and they said it would be way more expensive to fabricate one.

theres a company called autoparts international that makes their own parts to replace oem stuff, at like half the price.

the atf cooler hose i needed was like 80-90 bucks through the dealership or atlantic british. it was 40 from them. the guys at the hyraulics place said that was a steal for something metal with a flex joint in it.

my 2 cents
good luck

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Dang I had the whole set made for a friend in WV for $60 at a hydraulic shop, so I guess it depends on where you go.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM