Oil in Antifreeze

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Heem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, the disco is at the dealer. They are trying to determine what happened.

You may have read my last post, where I found a big puddle of oil and antifreeze under it.

Well, they did extensive testing, and found that it was NOT the head, or head gasket, or anything like that. Good.

They did find that the leak came from the lower radiator hose. OK - fine, that makes sense (I could have fixed that!) but, then why was it full of oil?

They still don't know. They sent the radiator out to check to see if it was the oil cooler leaking into the radiator, but that was not the case.

Anyone have any idea what might be going on?

Should I just have them put it all back together and stop wasting my money diagnosing things?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds expensive for just some trouble shooting.

Heem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the only other way I can think of that oil could get in the antifreeze is maybe some ******* just poured oil in there. I cant think of any other possible way for the oil to end up in there, if its not coming from the head or the radiator.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rendak