OMG OMG LR4 Engine Seized

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SNONK

Reaction score
Hello all......I am going out of my mind and in tears!
With the Pandemic and 6 teenagers I have been through hell and back.....now out of no where on Fathers Day my LR4 Engine Seized in the middle of a highway going 75-80MPH

No warning, no check engine light.....just no gas to the engine!

Had it towed to tell me "oil" was low but not empty and that is what seized the engine!

The coolant light had come on and I had contacted Landrover and even went into them to buy a wiper for the rear and had them look......everyone just said no big deal, your coolant is full - that it was just a sensor issue and they were book appointments in August.....this was June!!!

I am devastated with school and medical bills for my kids - I CANNOT AFFORD A NEW ENGINE!!! WTH!!!

stl8grey

Reaction score
Sorry to hear this news. Our LR4 did the same thing. Kept getting a low coolant light even after purchasing an complete cooling system from radiator, fill bottle, water pump, thermostate, crossover pipe, rubber hose etc. Our LR4 stopped in traffic and that was enough for me. The engine did not seize as we use this vehicle on our farm. Yet, I would not take it out on the highway anymore. Also got the oil below minimum warning. I changed the oil, added correct amount and dash still read "Below Minimum". Also displayed "low coolant" even if the reservoir was at correct fill level. These LR4s get funky. Once they do, time to be on high alert.

Shez2011

Reaction score
I’m looking to buy a 2011 with 101k. But reading this scares me quite a bit! This will be my road trip/family vehicle.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi