One Problem After Another.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lisa C

Reaction score
I have a 2006 LR3 and for the most part I have few complaints. Last winter my heated seat stopped working. Last week I noticed my feet were freezing when I had the heat and defrosters in. The drivers side heat vents both up and down blow ice cold while the passenger side is hot. Because of the Holiday season I haven’t been able to get an appointment to get it checked out. Yesterday it was 11 degrees when I got out of work at 2pm. As I was driving the system engine fault came in and the car felt like it was going to stall when I applied the brake at the red light. When I began to drive through the green light, I couldn’t exceed 30 mph even though I had my foot to the floor. The engine fault light came on again. Any ideas what this could be? Could the heat problem be related to the engine fault coming up?? Any help is appreciated.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think they are related...and I don't think it's one problem after another. I think it's two problems.

1. HVAC - probably a blend door/motor or possibly a heater core.
2. This could be a MAF Sensor, dirty throttle body or maybe a thermostat issue.

I guess the heated seat issue, too...forgot that one. Mine is broken as well. I've read that usually it's the wires in the seat that fail. I may look into it in the spring. As for the above, neither are very sinister. If you can get codes scanned, it would be easier to diagnose. If you are going to keep the LR3 a while, you might look into buying an IIDTool by GAP Diagnostics.

Ruper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the Rover have a throttle Air control valve or Cam Position sensor?
I had one go out in a ford pickup that acted just like that

Engine or Diesel or Gas (Petrol)?

Lisa C

Reaction score
I don't think they are related...and I don't think it's one problem after another. I think it's two problems.

1. HVAC - probably a blend door/motor or possibly a heater core.
2. This could be a MAF Sensor, dirty throttle body or maybe a thermostat issue.

I guess the heated seat issue, too...forgot that one. Mine is broken as well. I've read that usually it's the wires in the seat that fail. I may look into it in the spring. As for the above, neither are very sinister. If you can get codes scanned, it would be easier to diagnose. If you are going to keep the LR3 a while, you might look into buying an IIDTool by GAP Diagnostics.

Lisa C

Reaction score
That makes sense. I will keep you posted and thank you.

mgkonopka

Reaction score
As far as the stumble with pedal down, I had the same problem with my 2008 LR3. Turned out to be a bad coil. I highly recommend a diagnostic tool as the dealer charged $125 for a new coil plus about $250 to change it (and they are very simple to do!). After that on the other seven amazingly went within the next year but with my diagnostic tool I could tell which coil went (based on misfire information) and change it myself with a coil for $55 from Autozone (Ford made them).

Rover Runner

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2006 LR3 and for the most part I have few complaints. Last winter my heated seat stopped working. Last week I noticed my feet were freezing when I had the heat and defrosters in. The drivers side heat vents both up and down blow ice cold while the passenger side is hot. Because of the Holiday season I haven’t been able to get an appointment to get it checked out. Yesterday it was 11 degrees when I got out of work at 2pm. As I was driving the system engine fault came in and the car felt like it was going to stall when I applied the brake at the red light. When I began to drive through the green light, I couldn’t exceed 30 mph even though I had my foot to the floor. The engine fault light came on again. Any ideas what this could be? Could the heat problem be related to the engine fault coming up?? Any help is appreciated.

Yes, I'm biased. I have an $80K LR-3 that seems to come up with yearly mind-boggling problems. I had the same problem and it boiled down to the ECU connectors in the engine compartment getting corroded from a leak in the heater core. First sigh of a problem was when the heat gauge stopped working because there was no longer coolant in the resevoir. (When the fluid is gone, the sensor on the bottom of the bottle has nothing to measure.) Another design screw-up. Then the radio went into "phone mode". And last, it wouldn't go faster than 30 MPH from a dead stop. THE ECU was partially dead from the coolant leak. YOu probably developed a frost related water leak. Just a thought.

fuzzymarindave

Reaction score

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM