Opinions on my planned mods...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kkrull

Reaction score
I just purchased a Santorini Black 2010 LR4 HSE Lux without infotainment and was hoping to get some opinions on my plans for it.

Tire Sizes
It had 255/55R19 factory rims. I have replaced them with 255/50R20 nine spoke Range Rover rims. I didn't realize that the TMPS system changed in 2010 so for winter I will put some 265/50R20 winter tires and pull the TPMS from the 19s to put on the 20s. I don't have the HD package, so I assume that I don't have a full size spare. If I buy another nine spoke, can I pull the TPMS from the non-full-size spare?

Murdered Metropolis
I like the Metropolis Edition look. I plan to repaint the grill and side air intakes. I can live without the painted door handles. I also plan to swap the green logos for the black where I can. I assume the steering wheel center can't change.

Roof rack
My vehicle has nothing on the top. Sounds like the most versatile is the longer rails. Is there a box that mounts directly to that? Or do you always have to mount the cross rails first? I assume no box that mounts directly to the roof. I won't use the box very often.

Hitch
I plan to install the factory hitch myself. I thought there was a four bike rack from Land Rover that fits in it. I also might like a pan for gear like coolers that plugs into the hitch. I don't have anything to actually haul but might in the future.

Nav
I would like to enable navigation entry while moving as I frequently would prefer to have the passenger enter the destination. Is there a workaround for this?

Infotainment
I would very much have liked this option. So much that I may retrofit it. I do not care for aftermarket looking options. In fact, I may forgo retrofitting the headrests and just use the DVD changer and head unit modifications with a single removable large screen. Anyone know what the signal out from the head unit to the back screens is? Probably too much to ask for something digital like HDMI or DVI. Also, I might be interested in a Nav-TV solution if they had ATSC tuners.

Stereo
I assume that the factory stereo will not play multichannel audio, either on USB, DVD-Audio or SACD.

Inflatable mattress and air compressor
My wife doesn't like to camp. I thought I might get an inflatable mattress that would fit in the back. Has anyone done this?

Interior LEDs
I assume the interior lights are not LED. Is there a factory colored (non-blue) retrofit LED bulb recommended?

Skid plates
I am not a serious offroader, but I was thinking about skid plates for some trips. Anyone recommend a brand?

Bluetooth and Windows Phone
This is the biggest frustration for me. Although the bluetooth system works fine on my wife's iPhone, my Nokia Lumia 900 will only work if I have something physically plugged into the headset. Anyone have a Windows Phone working over Land Rover bluetooth?

Before the warranty expires
I have a few thousand miles left on the warranty. Anything specific I should watch?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4