"Owner's Day" Reviews?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I just got an email invite to the Owner's Day at one of the Land Rover driving schools. This was a bit different than the previous invite that I received as that was free. This one is $250 per vehicle with breakfast and lunch included. Previously I received an invite from the dealership, so I believe they sponsor certain ones which are free.

I think these are held less frequently.

I am considering doing the $250 (use one of their LR4s) one hour driving course. This can be scheduled at a Land Rover driving school anytime.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have signed up for the "Owners Day" this coming Sunday...am very excited as my LR4 is only 3 months old and have really been curious on what the vehicle can do!

Anyone out there done an "Owner"s Day" and fill me in on what it is like? Do I get to ride over some serious stuff and get good instruction?

Thanks!
Hey LR4Tank,

How was the owner's day experience?

LR4Tank

Reaction score
For all those interested...the "Owners Day" up at the Land Rover Experience and Driving School in Manchester, VT was awesome! Such nice people who run the program. The day began with a light breakfast and coffee with some brief instructions. We (16 Trucks) then convoyed about 5 minutes away to their 88 acres of trails. We spent about 3 hours going thru some intense trails and obstacles. My dad and I had so much fun and have gained so much respect for the LR4! It barely batted an eyelash doing stuff that any other vehicle would be challenged. We then ended with a great formal lunch catered by the Equinox Resort.

It was such a cool day that I have already signed up for the August 28th date so my wife and kids can join in the fun!

Hope this helps~

dca

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the follow up, LR4Tank!

Awesome! I am glad it went well and you had a great time. I am definitely planning to go at some point this summer, even if it's the $250 class where you use one of their LR4s. Sounds like such a great time! :)

Did you use your LR4 or the school? Did it get really dirty?

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the follow up, LR4Tank!

Awesome! I am glad it went well and you had a great time. I am definitely planning to go at some point this summer, even if it's the $250 class where you use one of their LR4s. Sounds like such a great time! :)

Did you use your LR4 or the school? Did it get really dirty?

Hey David,
The $250 class is the class where you take your OWN vehicle. The other one is upwards of $1K for a whole day excursion. For that price they provide you with their own LR4.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have signed up for the "Owners Day" this coming Sunday...am very excited as my LR4 is only 3 months old and have really been curious on what the vehicle can do!

Anyone out there done an "Owner"s Day" and fill me in on what it is like? Do I get to ride over some serious stuff and get good instruction?

Thanks!

I have not, but planning to do one soon.

This past weekend though, I was fortunate enough to take my LR4 through some serious off-road paces in Sonoma County, California - I can't express how impressed I am. I mean, to sit in luxury (the well appointed cabin) while this BEAST trekked effortlessly through a narrow wooded path with incredibly steep grades, intimidating ditches, logs and stumps, like a bear on espresso, was truly a religious experience, an eye-opening realization of what this incredible vehicle can really do.

Last edited:

LR4Tank

Reaction score
One thing I would add...

Many folks are stating that they would rather do the course w/ the school's vehicles than their own. You test the vehicles capabilities in an amazing way but at no point do you put your LR in any serious risk! It may sound crazy but I have a much higher appreciation for LR's and my vehicle in particular because I was able to drive my specific LR throughout the day...so stop being *****'s and use your LR for what it was built for! (Just kidding...no *****'s drive a LR) But do recommend driving your own.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99