"Owner's Day" Reviews?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR4Tank

Reaction score
I have signed up for the "Owners Day" this coming Sunday...am very excited as my LR4 is only 3 months old and have really been curious on what the vehicle can do!

Anyone out there done an "Owner"s Day" and fill me in on what it is like? Do I get to ride over some serious stuff and get good instruction?

Thanks!

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have signed up for the "Owners Day" this coming Sunday...am very excited as my LR4 is only 3 months old and have really been curious on what the vehicle can do!

Anyone out there done an "Owner"s Day" and fill me in on what it is like? Do I get to ride over some serious stuff and get good instruction?

Thanks!
I've never heard of such a thing. I took delivery of my 2011 LR4 in October. I wonder if my dealer offers this.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never heard of such a thing. I took delivery of my 2011 LR4 in October. I wonder if my dealer offers this.

I got the post card in the mail yesterday. I wish I can go. It is May 22nd. They don't give you much advance notice!?!?!?

rainmn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wish I could go as well, but the closest one to me this time is about 6 hours away in VT.

A few years ago, a buddy of mine went to one somewhere in NJ with his LR3 and absolutely loved it.

I also noticed that this one is $250. Back when my friend went, I could have sworn it was free.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got an invitation a few weeks after I took delivery of my LR4, but I could not attend. Basically, it asked me to call and reserve a spot and give a $100.00 deposit (covered 2 other people) which would be returned if I showed up. They assign you a personal driver and show you what your LR4 can do. I believe lunch is provided.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wish I could go as well, but the closest one to me this time is about 6 hours away in VT.

A few years ago, a buddy of mine went to one somewhere in NJ with his LR3 and absolutely loved it.

I also noticed that this one is $250. Back when my friend went, I could have sworn it was free.
It's $250 if you reserve a spot at the driving school (outside the owner's day) using their LR4s.

starrover

Reaction score
Owner events typically take place where LR has their LR Experience Driving Schools. Some are dealer sponsored ( they cover the cost) and others require payment. Either way, they have food and lead you out in your own car on a course they have predetermined. They also usually have competitions between the owners for time and accuracy. During these events they will offer tips and pointers but they do not ride along with you and give instruction. You have to sign up for their courses to get that and you get to use their cars - much better way to learn IMO!

rainmn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification - I didn't know the difference between the owner's experience and the driving school. I thought they were one and the same.

LR4Tank

Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses! I am going on Sunday and am very excited. Will report back after the big day...

fordavea

Reaction score
Owner's Day Reviews

My wife and I attended an Owner's Day in Manchester, VT this past Feb. Much snow. Limited to 8 participants w/ their vehicles. We used the same trails the Driving School uses every day. Instructors fitted all vehicle rear wheels w/ chains they provided. Although we drove in snow that had been packed down by previous participants, the snow was about 4 ft deep just out of the ruts, so you had to use care to stay in the ruts with a speed of "as slow as possible, fast as necessary". Tight turns, climbs and steep descents added to challenge.

Approx 4-5 of 8 got stuck in snow and needed to be pulled out. Instructors never rode in vehicles but were stationed along trail to give tips to each driver on how to best drive the next stage/obstacle. Gave a great appreciation of the LRs capabilites. Lasted about 4 hrs. I assume $250 cost covered breakfast/lunch for two and instructors. Well worth the price.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99