Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had sliders on my 2004 D2 but never so much as touched them on rocks. I haven't put them on the LR4 for the same reason but maybe I should. The air compressor is tucked up along the frame rail and it's pretty well protected but I have hit it. My plastic cover is cracked apart and it vibrates on the compressor when it runs and the mounting plate for the compressor is bent. I have a spare compressor and a spare plastic cover in the garage (I also have a spare air tank). I have tried to get a specific skid plate or guard for the compressor from one of the overseas companies but they won't ship to the US. You're correct that an alternative is to get sliders that also protect the compressor. I've seen an example of this at my local independent Rover mechanic's shop and they are nice. But the mechanic hates it because you have to remove the slider to service the compressor (which is why this particular LR4 was in his shop). My mechanic hates my skid plates too because he has to drop them for service and all the rocks, sand, and dried mud make a mess of his shop floor. Oh well.

If the company is ProSpeed Lucky8 can source them for you. Just give them a call/email.

Blueaz

Reaction score
I've found options from Prospeed, APT, and Wildbear but none will ship to US. My lower control arm skids are Prospeed and I got them through Lucky 8 but the compressor skid is unobtanium, just like the Prospeed roof racks.

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The sliders I have my eye on are the tactical 4x4 ones, heavy and expensive though. Some of the prospeed stuff is super fancy, like their under belly and rear diff armor, but I suspect the market for the lr4 is drying up.

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The sliders I have my eye on are the tactical 4x4 ones, heavy and expensive though. Some of the prospeed stuff is super fancy, like their under belly and rear diff armor, but I suspect the market for the lr4 is drying up.
I'm a fan of the Tactical sliders. They hold up very well on the trail.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72