P1316

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oh Crap

Reaction score
Ok, first of all I am sorry I am asking this, but I cannot seem to find the answer and maybe mine is a little unusual. I bought a 97 Discovery with 38,*** miles on it. I have, replaced plugs, wires, and cleaned MAF, and Seafoamed the intake. Cannot seem to get the P1316 to go away. I will clear it and it comes back. Power is alright, but with hesitation. The vehicle was involved in a minor frt end collision and sat for quite a few years. Any thoughts where else to look?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Emissions Miss fire.. What kind of plugs? If I were to guess I would say either plugs, wires, or coil pack.

Oh Crap

Reaction score
plug are the cheap champion...as suggested. How would I check if the coil pack was bad? Appreciate all your help!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Tough to test a coil pack, but if it is running rough, then you can pull the injector wire for each injector one at a time to test that cylinder.

Could be carbon build up on the exhaust valves, or even a bad MAF sensor... are you running or did it have a K&N or similar air filter?

Oh Crap

Reaction score
Filter is stock. Carbon build up on the exhaust anything to use to break that up?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I would recommend seafoam in the drivers side intake vacuum line.

Oh Crap

Reaction score
This P1316 is driving me crazy and from the multiple threads of others it too seems to be a real pita. It idles fine but sputters when driving. Has anyone really been able to correct this as all the threads seem to stop and never concludes. Anyone have their thoughts?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sadly when people find the issue or the issue goes away they tend not to return to update the post.

chase6616

Reaction score
hey man i was having this same problem for the longest time. try this, check all your exhaust gaskets on the manifolds and y pipe. If there is even the smallest leak it will send a false reading to your 02 sensors saying your running lean and your GEMS ecu will try richening things up on its own to correct the air/fuel mixture hense the terrible gas mileage im sure your geting. unfortunatly its also programmed to intentionally misfire when running to rich in order to prevent detonation. the software is very advanced but it is a pain in the ass. but i would definitly check there next i invested like $800 to diagnose and cure the same problem when all i needed was a couple of cheap gaskets. hope this helps

Oh Crap

Reaction score
Interesting---I will check this and let you know. Never imagine an exhaust leak, would cause this.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nico3dd