P300 v P400 L663 Defender

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

doc5339

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The main reason I went with the P300 (other than cost) was that I did not want to mess with installing different brake calipers to fit 18" wheels for more off road tire choices.

Having driven both the I4 turbo (P300) and the MHEV I6 elec SC/turbo (P400) and living with the I4 for about 4,000 miles, I can honestly say it's more than adequate. The P400 is definitely more fun, however, I do like having less points of failure (no 48v mild-hybrid, electronic supercharger, and the software tying it all together).

The P300 lugged our loaded-down 110 S all over the country, up-and-down the Rockies, and across Imogene Pass without issue. Comfort Mode is actually pretty quick, not 5.0 NA V8 quick, maybe quicker than the BMW 4.4 V8; definitely way better than just "adequate" as some have attested in the few P300 reviews.

What I'm getting at is, don't sleep on the P300. Drive both and decide for yourself.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut