Parking Brake Horror Story

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$1500 sounds like way too much for a new EPB Actuator. They should cover rotors and pads, unless they were worn anyway. How hard did you press them?

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The EPB was just south of $1000 by itself IIRC. (I got a used one for around $400) And there's a lot of labor involved so I could see $1500. I don't really get the brakes being scorched, unless they were dragging for a long time - which ought to have been obvious. Not sure how that works, since mine broke in the off position.

Good news is you can either do the brakes and discs- or have an indy do it - for a fraction of their $1500 quote. Like approx. $250 if you can operate a jack and take a tire off.

I agree if it resulted from the failure, it should be covered as well.

mattypV50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the $1500 was for rear rotters, pads and EPB shoes + labour. They are going to see if they can get the price down.

The car had to be driven with the EPB engaged out of the parking lot onto the flatbed then again from the flatbed to the parking lot at the dealership (I wasn't there just assuming). Then the guys at the dealership probably had to drive it into the work bay (assuming).

I can try and phone Coverage One again but it sounds like not much they will do.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635