Parking Brake Lights Flashing On & Off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started this issue last week and being a shotgunner I ordered a new switch which did not fix the problem. So now I've cranked up the old nanocom and the error message is "U2002 Switch general electrical failure" with the new switch in place so I would have ordered a switch anyway based on that code. Cleared codes but still blinking. I went into the brake calibration module on the nanocom and tried the calibrations and can hear the actuator moving back and forth. I guess my next step is checking the wiring between the switch and the actuator. Any ideas anyone may have I appreciate. I'll post the results of my investigations. Oh, and I do get a message in the message center saying I have a parking brake error.

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick update, there was a broken wire at the harness plugging into the actuator. Removed spare tire, and charcoal canister and that gave me enough room to pull the plug around and solder in a patch. Cleared codes and all is good. I have some pics of the broken wire and the fix but it is pretty self explanatory, it was obvious the wire was broken once I disconnected the plug and had a visual. Glad to park the Touareg and get back in the Rover!

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I lost them in a hard drive crash but there is another posting somewhere that another guy had the same issue, it may be in the rovers only forum. If you drop the spare tire and sit in the space you can see the connector clearly and if the wire is broken it will be obvious. I lost all my landrover stuff when the computer crashed. Years of manuals, pics, etc. It was heartbreaking.

Drome

Reaction score
I am having their same problem with my 2006 SE 158000 miles. Shut off the ignition and get the parking brake flash. I am going to check brake sensors and will update if successful

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut