Peoples opinion on TPMS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wcryer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wondering what people think regarding the TPMS, im going to replace my wheels with a set of 18s that dont currently have the TPMS sensors, anyone think this is a big deal or have a good way to turn the fault off? Dont really feel like paying 200 bucks to get little sensors that will probably just be a hassle throwing faults later on. So if you know a way to get rid of the alert that will probably result, I would appreciate it...thanks in advance

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my 2005 HSE doesn't have them, and it's never bothered me!

wcryer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, im just trying to avoid any alert bs on the dash. thinking about pulling the fuses, but one is linked to radio freq receiver (assuming that helps the radio work, kinda important) and the other parking distance control (could care less).

Trynian

Reaction score
Needs to be turned off by the dealer or indy shop with a diagnostic computer. Once you remove the sensors you will get TPMS fault, not just the low air warning.

I turned it off with my faultmate.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo