Pondering an LR4 - Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't Run Regular Gasoline in it without an Octane booster (In No Premium available situations). I actually had to do it in an emergency situation and it cut mileage in half and the Engine PINGED FURIOUSLY! Good Luck in your search, do yourself a favor and try finding a low mileage V8 or a Diesel. PS... Make sure you service the TRANSMISSION at 90,000... Check your manual if you buy an LR4. Same on your "Lovely" Evoque.

I have an 08 LR3 and an 08 HSE RR as well and I have been running 87 (but always top-tier gas) with no issues for 2 years. I ran premium for the first 3 years and finally decided to see for myself when gas spiked locally and was as much as $0.70/gal more for 93 versus 87. Gas mileage has not changed at all for me and I check it every fill-up. No pinging either, but we are not towing anything and do not have any major hills or anything. My wife drives over 100mph pretty much any time traffic allows and she has made no power change comments either.

My transmission is at 160k, I changed fluid at 140k but left the pan on (this is right before the newer 2-piece replacement units came to maket). No issue to date. The RR is at 135k and we have not touched the trans yet - runs smooth. I do not think there is anything wrong with doing these services early, but I am not sure they are 100% going to lead to doomsday either.

TrinidadLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2013 LR4 gets better mileage than my 08 Pathfinder v8 did, despite being heavier. I am averaging 16-17 and I don't mind it at all. I fuel up at costco or Shell/BP if I can use my fuelreward points.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2013 LR4 gets better mileage than my 08 Pathfinder v8 did, despite being heavier. I am averaging 16-17 and I don't mind it at all. I fuel up at costco or Shell/BP if I can use my fuelreward points.

That's similar to my MPG in my 2013. I get Shell premium as my preferred flavor, if not then always a premium Top Tier gas. I try to fill up on Tuesday when my Shell runs the .20c/gal discount, plus the Fuel Reward savings.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM