Power Front Seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R

Rovlinc

I have just completed 9000kms in an hse diesel without a hitch. Its a magnificent cruising vehicle.
The vehicle is well setup for the driver seat but the passenger only gets 6 way power settings which in my case creates some discomfort.
I also have a disco2 which has equal 8 way settings on both sides as does my lexus rx330 .

Has anyone any info re a parts update or options to convert the passenger seat to 8 way in this great car

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no upgrade for a "8-way power passenger seat" -- and I don't think trying to retrofit the parts for the driver's seat is going to be clean or cost effective. Really, these are things you should catch before purchasing a vehicle.

Send LR your feedback for future product improvements. It's fairly obvious not enough people complained, as I've been told 2006 is exactly the same.

Do note LR3 SE (non memory seat) in North America is 6-way on the driver's side, too... so if you had that, you'd really be unhappy.

T

texas911

I'll only add that I really miss the seat controls mounted on the side of the center console. I have kids and am constantly moving the passenger seat to their not kicking it (when my wife doesn't come along of course). Its a far reach from the driver seat to the passenger seat controls now. And another frustrating thing is the seats don't power unless you have the key in the ignition. How frustrating is that? They should incorporate the Mercedes way, power the seats only when the door is open.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The HSE has seat adjustment power for a limited time after the doors are opened. Well, at least mine does.

B

bloody

Hi there,

I was wondering if you would be able to help me. I have a 96 LR DIsco 2 series, For some reason my power front seats are not working unless the door is open and the car has just been started. Do you have any suggestions as to what might be wrong>

Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99