Problem with 2 in. spacers on DII

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

speedmancool

Reaction score
I just installed some 2 inch spacers in my Discovery II 2004, with Self Leveling Suspensions, so i could fit larger tires. After I finished the instalation, everything looked OK. Then, I went for an off road ride, and I noticed thant when I go though a bump or uneven terrain, after the rear wheels leave the bump I hear and feel a knock sound, when the axle returns to its normal position. I cant figure where its comming from. I think it may have to do something with the inflation of the air springs in the back, but Im not sure. :confused: Do anyone knows anything about this problem. Thank you so much for any advice I may get.

speedmancool

Reaction score
Everyone, I checked the suspension in a workshop and they told me the shocks in the back were too stretched out because of the spacers, and they sugested I look for a larger shocks. Can I do that? If so, what shocks do you recomend? Thank you. I hope I can get some advice

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry for not replying to your earlier post, must have missed it... Give Atlantic British a call and ask them about the longer shocks... just make sure that you keep the info handy so when you have to order them again one day.

speedmancool

Reaction score
Joey, once again, very useful and helpful the information you share with the rest of us. I´ll give Atlantic British a call. Thank you once more

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cummins