problem..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonzLWB

Reaction score
i was just out runnin some erons this morning in my 95 county lwb, and threw in reverse it completely shut off nothing was working. so i turned the car off and it started up fine then i had to reverse again and it did the same thing as i got home i reversed in front of my drive way and it sputterd a little bit but i gave it some gas and it didnt do is this something serious and not be driven till it gets fixed it has never done this before....

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
More info... without reading your other posts, what maintenance if any has been done lately... last tune up was when? How many miles? Type of plugs used?

Have you cleaned the flame trap lately?

jonzLWB

Reaction score
ive only had it for 4 months and its only had an oil change since, its got under 112,000 miles my check engine light and service light has been on for awhile but no one around here has an obd1 to diagnose what the problem is. an i have been thinking it might need a good tune up cuz i dont when the previous own did that ..

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I would start with a tune up as well as cleaning the flame trap and the 'T' in the pipe from the flame trap to the intake.

Flame trap is on the passenger valve cover, kind of looks like a small can with a hose plugged into it. Remove the hose, unscrew the can.. remove the mesh and clean with some carb cleaner or degreaser, reinstall mesh. The 'T' should be able to blow air through it, it is probably completely clogged as well.

Remember the flame trap is nasty dirty, so don't wear nice things and expect them to be nice when you are done.

jonzLWB

Reaction score
oh thats the flame trap..i actually did clean that but i left the mesh inside and i just let it sit gasoline for awhile. so ill reclean it and get a tune up.thanks for the advice man

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge