Problems: '05 LR3 with Bluetooth recently installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

deanz

Picked up my new '05 LR3 HSE last week and they had not gotten a chance to install the bluetooth kit, which was an issue in itself. This bt kit is from LR, but not factory installed (only dealer installed), since it was not available from the factory on 2005 models - unlike the '06 models). It cost me about $800 installed.

I've been trying to get it to work consistently all day today, with no real luck. I'll list out the issues and hopefully, someone may see a way to resolve some (or dare I say - all) of them...

1. Sometimes, when I turn on the car, it says that "No speech was recognized." and then turns up the radio....The radio is muted as I turn over the engine in the first place - just silence for a few seconds before the voice comes on to tell me that no speech was recognized. What's crazy is that this happens sometimes, not all the time - strange for electronics to not work consistently - even if it may work wrong.

2. When I voice dial from the car's sytem (just talking into the mic), sometimes it understands and dials, and others, it turns the radio back up and my phone's bluetooth connection seems broken (although it's not) and the handset turns on as the phone number is dialing (no longer through the car's speakers/system).

3. When I say, "Phone redial," it sometimes does and sometimes does not. It seems that many problems arise after I try to do this (just seems that was, but I can't prove it). Once, the phone system in the car just "hung" until I turned off the car for a few minutes, until the light on the radio system shut off (just turining it off and starting it back up DID NOT WORK - again, this is troubling).

4. Sometimes recieves calls properly and sometime, it just turns on my cell phones handset while the car speakers just keep playing music from the radio/CD (no muting for phone use - as it should do - and sometimes does).

5. Everytime I turn off the car and/or break the bluetooth connection, I get a seemingly different result with the car's phone system the next try....No real patternt that I can pinpoint (other than things seem worse after I try to redial the last number).

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix any of these issues. I've already had issues with the servive at my dealership (pushed back delivery date, forgot to give me the original sticker, promised a loaner and did not deliver, promised to have the bluetooth installed last week and did not, promised to get the bluetooth in on Wed and it took an extra day, etc...).

Please, any suggestions....Thanks in advance.

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
deanz said:
Please, any suggestions....Thanks in advance.

I've only owned a LR for a bit over a year but my best advice would be to buy a different brand of vehicle, something japanese perhaps. Sorry that is actually my best advice.

D

deanz

I tried it both with my Blackberry 7290 as well as my wife's Motorola RAZR V3 (both Cingular service) and had mixed results with both. Neither worked properly, since both had different issues.

T

tahoedog

I use a Treo 650 (Cingular Service) with no problems on my 2006 LR3. I can only use the basic feature of speaker/mic with stereo muting....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99