Problems with my 2017 LR5 First Edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave Huddleston

Reaction score
Hello Members,

I’ve noted some issues with my LR5 and was wondering if anyone else has seen similar issues:

Windshield Seal failure (water pouring in during rain) took Land Rover 4 weeks with my car to resolve this issue as the windshields were back ordered)

CarPlay seems to malfunction if you use remote start.

3g/4g radio continuously looses service preventing all remote access to the vehicle for features like Navigation / hotspot / remote start.

Can’t unlock the door from passenger seat if car is running. So if got get out of the car with someone in the passenger seat to run into store and they lock the door behind you (leaving key fob in car) when you come back no way to unlock door other than pull the door handle from the inside.

Rear Hatch produces odd behavior 60% of the time. Press the release on the hatch and it only opens 50% of the way. You then have to manually force it up.

Side window seals are malformed. They are bent over and curled under the window.

Not a ***** session just curious if I have a lemon or is this a systemic issue with the entire line.

Thanks,

-Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LUIZ C LABA

Reaction score
Same here,
Such a hassle with my 2019 Discovery 5 Diesel.

PROS:
Fantastic Engine, better than any other I ever owned.
Great suspension, smooth and sturdy at the same time, great on high speed curves and potholes.
Nice interior finish
Nice looking design

CONS:
Very expensive service intervals
TERRIBLE electronics
- CarPlay and Android Auto malfunction ALL THE TIME
- 3g/4g radio continuously looses service preventing all remote access to the vehicle for features like Navigation / hotspot / remote start.
- LOCK/UNLOCK never works, even from a minimum distance, changed battery a few times, tested and the same...
- CarPlay and Android Auto ALWAYS FREEZES, every time you use it, you have to disconnect and reconnect the phone (apple, Samsung) all the same
Driver side window seal failure, (water and excessive wind noise inside the car) DEALER could not fix
Winning noise (horrible), dealer says it is normal on diesel vehicles as it is cold and fluids are denser (not true, summer/hot weather the same) started after 3 months ownership.
Trunk sensor will not open with foot 70% of the time.

It is annoying, and aggravating, this is my 5th Land Rover and last, this 2019 was build in September 2019, purchase in December 2019, my previous was a 2017 and dealer ensured me all these SAME PROBLEMS had been fixed on my last edition 2019...but it was not.

Another 2 years with the car and it will go.

Cheers
LCL

Hello Members,

I’ve noted some issues with my LR5 and was wondering if anyone else has seen similar issues:

Windshield Seal failure (water pouring in during rain) took Land Rover 4 weeks with my car to resolve this issue as the windshields were back ordered)

CarPlay seems to malfunction if you use remote start.

3g/4g radio continuously looses service preventing all remote access to the vehicle for features like Navigation / hotspot / remote start.

Can’t unlock the door from passenger seat if car is running. So if got get out of the car with someone in the passenger seat to run into store and they lock the door behind you (leaving key fob in car) when you come back no way to unlock door other than pull the door handle from the inside.

Rear Hatch produces odd behavior 60% of the time. Press the release on the hatch and it only opens 50% of the way. You then have to manually force it up.

Side window seals are malformed. They are bent over and curled under the window.

Not a ***** session just curious if I have a lemon or is this a systemic issue with the entire line.

Thanks,

-Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GM99

Reaction score
I have a a 2019 Discovery and the windshield was replaced along with the carpeting on the front passenger side. I had seen it drip a couple times but thought I was seeing things. Apparently the carpeting was ruined when they looked at it.

Car has been in twice for the proximity key function not working which finally resulted in replacing one of the keys.

I have the same problem with Carplay and remote start, so I rarely use the remote start.

I have not had any problems with the 3g/4g radio but to be honest I don't use those features very often.

Rear sunshade came apart and they had to take apart the rear headliner to replace it. Car was there for two weeks for that repair.

I don't understand why the service intervals are so pricey. The two year service cost was ridiculous.

Not sure what my next car will be.

LUIZ C LABA

Reaction score
I have a a 2019 Discovery and the windshield was replaced along with the carpeting on the front passenger side. I had seen it drip a couple times but thought I was seeing things. Apparently the carpeting was ruined when they looked at it.

Car has been in twice for the proximity key function not working which finally resulted in replacing one of the keys.

I have the same problem with Carplay and remote start, so I rarely use the remote start.

I have not had any problems with the 3g/4g radio but to be honest I don't use those features very often.

Rear sunshade came apart and they had to take apart the rear headliner to replace it. Car was there for two weeks for that repair.

I don't understand why the service intervals are so pricey. The two year service cost was ridiculous.

Not sure what my next car will be.

Same here, I actually wrote up before but forgot 5to include these:
1- Leaking water YES always
2- A/C recirculation stopped working, it was actuator broken inside (1 full month in the shop for parts) not good
3- Driver door misaligned and lots of noise coming in, plus WATER (cannot be fixed, NEEDS A NEW DOOR)
4- Breaks problems (dealer says it is normal, but only started after 15K miles) and they want to charge for the service...will not do it (Leased vehicle)

Yes, my new car...I still have exactly 21 months to go and I already done a extensive research about EVERYTHING in other brands and vehicles, and most likely I am getting a the FULLY FULLY LOADED Cross Sport R-Line VW for MSRP 51K...cannot not ever go wrong with a VW....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV