programming replacement key worked!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i did it!!!! I bought a used key off ebay and programmed the key with the IIdtool today. the actually key will not work because it is keyed to a different vehicle but the buttons and car starts with this key. I lost my second key back in november and have not found it. The dealer wants about 450.00 plus for a key programmed and cut to fit.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i did have to try a second time to be successful. I think the used key off ebay had a low battery and therefore had problems the first time. after it paired the key the display said low battery for key. I changed the battery inside of key and no low battery light for key. I am pretty sure i can get the actual cut key replacement for under $40.00 from dealer.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool. Nice to know you can get around that ridiculous dealer charge for a fob.

How do you charge the batteries in the LR4 key fobs?
On the LR3 it charges when you use it in the ignition, but for you it's all pushbutton start.

Unrelated, I know...just curious.

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lr4 key battery is not rechargeable (the 2010 LR4 is replaceable) it uses cR2032 button cell battery and is user replaceable. the newer 2012 plus might be rechargeable but not sure on that.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah, it's still disposable and user replaceable in the new design fob, just a bit trickier to get to it. Same kind of battery, too.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99