Pulley and ECU Tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shifterkart

Reaction score
My wife and I have a 2016 LR4 on the way and I wonder if anyone has swapped pulleys or flashed the ECU's on the SCV6? What increases where seen?

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As this engine is pretty new in the Discovery / LR4, I don't think you would find much info on it here. You might have better luck searching Jaguar forums (where the engine originated).

Shifterkart

Reaction score
Thanks, I was able to find some information on the Jaguar and RR forums. It appears ETG and Velocity both have prodcuts good for 40hp and 40 ft lb.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I was able to find some information on the Jaguar and RR forums. It appears ETG and Velocity both have prodcuts good for 40hp and 40 ft lb.

Would probably make a notable difference.

ramajama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That kind of jump would be nice depending on the money spent.

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That is a very generous claim just from pulley and retune. How much are they charging and what else is included?

Bama4door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a very generous claim just from pulley and retune. How much are they charging and what else is included?

I would have to disagree. A new pulley that increases the boost with a retune of the ECM would easily make 40hp/tq to the wheels if not more IMO...

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have to disagree. A new pulley that increases the boost with a retune of the ECM would easily make 40hp/tq to the wheels if not more IMO...
I've had the pleasure of modifying blowers before. Depending on what additional components are added (oil cooler, bigger injectors), getting 10hp out of it is already pretty generous. The keyword is safe modding. It IS possible to get 40HP out of it, but that does not guarantee it'll ensure the longevity of your blower and engine.

Shifterkart

Reaction score
This engine already makes 40hp more in the F-Type S. I doubt that Jaguar is doing much more than mapping and a few minor tweaks to minimize costs. That was the reason this engine made its way into the LR4 in the first place.

Last edited:

colorover

Full Access Member
Reaction score

ETG claims its tune yields 41hp, 71hp with revised pulley. I don't doubt the gains are possible from forced induction, just would worry about engine life and voiding warranty.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635