Question for LR3 5 seat car owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pagoda

Reaction score
Guys,

In my quest to find a nice LR3, I've found (by accident) an early LR3 SE with low miles (mid 50s) but which turned out to have 5 seats not 7. Whilst I want 7, I'm not massively hard over on it, but I do need to be able to install the cargo barrier (not sure of the term used in the US, but I mean the full length steel mesh barrier that sits behind the second row seats) and the dog cage that fits to it.

Can anyone confirm whether the 5 seater car will accept the cargo barrier?

Grateful for any advice.

PAGODA

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cannot confirm that; but I do have a 5-seater so if you have other questions let me know. I don't know what it's like to have a 7-seater but I can say that there are advantages to a 5. The cubbies in the back are more useful and there are other storage advantages. I ordered my LR3 with 5 seats back in 2005 because I didn't want to be the guy who could haul the most people....instant DD and/or taxi. No thanks.

Since I didn't have a 3rd row, I opted not to have 2nd row climate controls; that has been a good thing....since I off-road often and have larger tires it was easy to pound flat the body seam in the FWD end of the rear wheel arch since there were no HVAC pipes routed through there.

Crazy how that works out...

dthomp87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cant think of any reason why it wouldnt fit. Im not sure why people think they need 7 seats, Im considering removing the 2nd row on my 5 seater. 7 seats will just be more rattles and weight in the rear and probably never get used unless you have a bunch of kiddos.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's nuts to me how people buy cars based on the 0.5% use case.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I removed my third row on my 4. No way I want to be the bus driver.
Plus, I'd rather have the extra room under the floor for tow ropes and other stuff

Pagoda

Reaction score
Thanks, guys. We do use the extra row for family reasons. However, I think I'm not going to be rushing to this job. I need to change belts and do a few things before I start faffing around with seats. I'm going to ask in a new post just where people get parts from. I understand that LR parts will be more expensive over here, but the cost delta is huge.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM