Radio code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K

kay

Hi. I recently purchased a Range Rover Holland & Holland 1998 2.5DSE and unfortuantely left the lights on overnight and awoke to a flat battery. Now I cannot get the radio working again as it is asking me for a code and I do not know this. Please help. Kind regards Kay Newland Also everything is in Dutch on the computer in it as I bought it from a belguim man! (dont know if this makes any difference!!)

D

discomike

Kay,
If you are lucky, there should be a radio code card somewhere in your owners manual packet, if not you will need to get in touch with your local Rover dealer, make sure you have your regestration papers showing you as the owner and the vehicles I.D. number.
Once you get the 4 digit number make sure you write it down somewhere after you enter it into your radio.
By the way, make sure you get you battery charged up, jump starting it and letting it run awhile will not charge it up and you will have to deal with this again.
Happy New Years,
Mike J.

kristijang

Reaction score
A person with the same problem

Kay,
If you are lucky, there should be a radio code card somewhere in your owners manual packet, if not you will need to get in touch with your local Rover dealer, make sure you have your regestration papers showing you as the owner and the vehicles I.D. number.
Once you get the 4 digit number make sure you write it down somewhere after you enter it into your radio.
By the way, make sure you get you battery charged up, jump starting it and letting it run awhile will not charge it up and you will have to deal with this again.
Happy New Years,
Mike J.

Hi Mike,

I have a similar problem like Kay but since i recharded my battery, the radio turned on and asked the code.Since i didn't know the code than, i pressed 1234 and now the radio is completely blocked.Can you please hel pe in finding a solution for this problem.In the meantime, i found the card with car radio serial number and the code for de-coding :(

Thanks in advance

Regards

Kristijan
Macedonia

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
You should be able to wait 30 minutes or so and it will once again ask for the code... if you do not have the correct code, contact your local dealer. They may required proof of ownership.

B

btotten

To get your radio code, the dealership has been known to charge. If they will give it to you for free, great. If not, call Land Rover North America and register as an owner ( you will have to provide a little documentation) and they will give it to you for free.

The hardest part is remembering where you wrote down the code so that next time it happens, you are not without a radio for three days until you can find where you put it for "safe keeping".

kristijang

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, but i am affraid it doesn't work with me.I drove for 2 hours and the radio was all the time on, but it did not reset the numbers.It still 1234 as i put it before.I have the code but i can not apply it.
Any additioanl advice(a part of going to the Local dealer, which has to be done at the end :)) ?

Regards

Kristijan

G

grizzle

Not sure if this will help or not, but here is the info from the manual.

I had a similer problem with my radio, and knew if I watched this long enough I get an answer. So simple, I did exactly like Joey said, pulled out the manual and followed the instructions. Thanks, I never would have believed it was that easy.

sifiso0305

Reaction score
Hello. I love my car but the problems with it are piling up. Im trying to fix some of tghe problems Im having with it and I need some help. My questions are below:

(1) My front right headlight bulb burned out awhile back and I want to replace it myself. I purchased the bulb from Kragen w/ help of the rep but I cannot find installation instuctions anywhere online to guide the process. Any thoughts?

(2) Like the threads above, my radio is locked. I now have my radio code but none of the tricks to reset the radio work. Ive done everything. Is my only option to take it to a local dealer to have them reset my radio? Any clue re: range of cost for this service?

(3) Lastly, the driver side window of my car no longer goes up and down. My tech told me the window regulator is broken. Any suggestions on places to buy reliable, salvaged window regulators? Im being quoted $280 for brand new.

Thank you in advance for any and all your help.

pascaltissot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dealer

:cool:Hi you can get the radio code from any dealer, just chow your owner papers and they will give it to you (no problem).
Saludos
Pascal.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM