Radio issues: Reception & Auto Volume Control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

snwbrdn

Does anyone think their radio recpetion is less that great? It seems my old 4runner had better radio reception for weaker stations. It is quite susceptible to static around buildings and bridges even with powerful stations. Am I missing some type of local vs. regional switch to boost the reception? Also, one more of the misleading features in the manual that I can't find is the Automatic Volume Control (AVC). Does anyone else have this feature (mine is 05 HSE) or was that not available to North American units?

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No major complaints about FM here in Northern California.

The system has a subtle AVC...

I'm pretty sure the manual tells you to "press the Tone (note) button for 5 seconds" to access the less common settings (AVC, volume offsets, phone volume, etc.)

S

snwbrdn

Thanks Grommet. You're right, I wasn't holding down the button for five seconds. Missed that somewhere in the manual. Must have been Guiness Friday when I ready that manual myself.

Maybe my old sony radio just had great radio reception, comparatively.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rendak