Random LR3 Startup Issue - Ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pvangura

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was installing a CB in my 07 LR3 this weekend, and managed to completely **** my battery in the process (radio was on with the doors open). What's interesting is that since this happened, with the exception of when I jumped it, every time I attempt to start the vehicle I need to turn the key more than once. It seems to start consistently when I turn the key to position 2, wait about 10 seconds, then continue to the start position. Also, curiously, my trip computer and odometer reset to 0 each time, and the gauges (fuel and temp) do not come to rest at 0 like they normally do. They just kind of float to a random spot and stay there.

I don't think it has anything to do with the CB, as it started happening before it was actually hooked up. My truck is scheduled for its 45k service on Thursday and I've let them know about the problem, so it's not a huge deal; but this is driving me crazy, so if you have any ideas, let's hear 'em.

I'm going outside to try the "disconnect the ground terminal" reset method now.

Thanks,
Paul

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM