Range Rover 4.6 HSE VS TOUAREG V8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chuyrdzc

Reaction score
Hi guys
Well Im in the process of buying my daily drive car and I was wondering if buying a preowned Range Rover HSE would be an option or instead lease or finance a brand new Touareg.
What real advantage can I have excluding the new car factor.
A Range Rover HSE 2000-2001 Vs a 2004 Touareg V8 full options.
I Like that model of Range Rover because I like the styling and I guess its prety much the same as driving my 2002 Discovery.... what do you think?
And over the Touareg I guess I like it because is the closest thing to a Cayenne and I cant aford a Cayenne so A Tourage is the little sister of the Porsche.
What can you guys coment?
I would apreciate all your imput.

D

discomike

My daughter has a new Touareg, I am very familiar with them. But the question for you is what are you going to do with it as far as off the road?
Mike

chuyrdzc

Reaction score
Disco Mike said:
My daughter has a new Touareg, I am very familiar with them. But the question for you is what are you going to do with it as far as off the road?
Mike
Very Good Question Mike
Well I do intend to do some off roading. Nothing extreme. At least nothing that will require more than a winch. I own two Discoverys and dose are the ones I usually use off road. I will trade in the oldest one for the Touareg.
I will use basically the car as a city driven suv from monday to friday and from time to time I will take the car out on the weekends on some not to challenging trails.
I actually have never modified any of my Land Rovers so im a basic user.

D

discomike

Here is my thought, I really like the VW, you already have another Disco to play with off the road, so in one since the VW would be the way to go. But, at half the price, you can get a Rover with all the bells and whistles for a great driver, of course the maintance may be a little higher then the VW.
So I don't know if I have been much help.
Mike J.

redrover51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey-Zoous!...I think you should buy the V.W., and let Disco Mike test-drive it for a month or so....to see what his opinion of your new car is....let us all know how the warranty work is covered by V.W. and we might think about making a "group-purchase"! JESUS! GET THE LAND ROVER!.....

JJMyerz

Adventurer
Reaction score
Disco Mike said:
Here is my thought, I really like the VW, you already have another Disco to play with off the road, so in one since the VW would be the way to go. But, at half the price, you can get a Rover with all the bells and whistles for a great driver, of course the maintance may be a little higher then the VW.
So I don't know if I have been much help.
Mike J.

Minus the warranty, I bet the VW racks up the same if not more cost in the fix it department. Our VW has been horrible.

Justin

chuyrdzc

Reaction score
It is done!

Im keeping my Disco and not buying the VW. It all came to the numbers. The locar BMW stealership offerd me a 2004 BMW M3 at less price than the VW tuareg and also at a better credit deal so I took it so Im still a Rover Guy. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM