Range Rover Sport problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lukaspajic1511

Reaction score
Hi guys. I own RR Sport 2.7 V6 140Kw, 2007.

For 3 months car is driving me crazy. When I start the car, first the Low Gears reductor light blinks on (green light) , then the brake and DSC light comes on (All of these are in same part of dashboard). And in the end there is message ( HDC System not available, vehicle lowering, transmission fault ). The vehicle is not like it is in low gear mode because I almost can drive normally, except it is changing gears in bad way, but definitely not behaving like Lo-gears have been activated. Its important to say that brakes are fine, and everything about air system is ok, I can adjust height and driving modes when these warning are not active, I tested all of it. When warnings are active, I can't adjust anything.
Also, these warnings do not show up when engine temperature is low, for example when I start vehicle in the morning, in 99.9% cases, this doesn't happen. However, when engine temperature comes in the middle and you turn the engine off and then On again, these warnings comes on. If it doesnt happen in the moment when you are starting the car, it will never happen during the drive, never! Only when starting a car.
The vehicle came with facelift tail lights, so I don't know if that can be a problem? Indicators are working properly in the outside, but on my dashboard indicators work in the mode like indicator light is dead, blink signal is too fast and it goes like when your light is dead, but everything is ok when watching indicators from the outside, they are working correctly.
Sometimes I can turn off these warnings by putting the gearbox in N and fast clicking on Hi-gear mode button, and then Lo-gear blinking lights comes off, and in the same moment I can hear some click under the car, like some mode changed, and LO-gears mode on dashboard disappears. It seems like there is no major problem on system, but some electrical problem which causes activating Lo-gear mode. Any help?

Battery is new, Duracell 100Ah - 860A cranking power.

Poslano sa mog SM-N950F koristeći Tapatalk

Lakeranger

Reaction score
Try resetting all ECM's, by removing battery terminal connectors and touching them together for a few minutes, then reconnecting (positive first then negative). You may need a short piece of wire to get the connectors together. This has magically fixed a number of my 2007 SC Range Rover gremlins. Wish you well and hopefully this will help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM