Rear Audio Controls Not Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Patriot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My children say none of the rear audio controls now work in my otherwise perfect 2007 HSE. Scheduled service visit with dealer to fix that, and perform the 45k service - the last scheduled maintenance paid for by Land Rover. Any suggestions?

Patriot

ygrowup

Reaction score
Check to make sure the volume is turned up. When I got my LR3, I thought one was not working. You can't just hold the volume button. You have to keep pressing it to increase the volume. Try it, it might just be a cheap fix.

Patriot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. No it wasn't that. I made sure to keep the volume up pressed while changing modes, tracks etc. I thought about pulling the fuse, but I decided to just let the dealer figure it out on my next visit. Watch it end up being the fuse after all.

Patriot

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming you don't have anything plugged in the AUX port?

I'm pretty sure when you first plug in your headphones it defaults to AUX mode, so if you hit the mode button it should switch the source to radio or CD

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here...the passenger side rear jacks stopped working on our 2008. Driver side jacks work fine. Letting the dealer figure it out at the next service.

Patriot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update to the original post:

Rear audio working again. Dealer said it needed to update and/or install some software. Problem fixed. Kids enjoying this feature again. Does this qualify as the first 'problem' I've ever had on my late build 2007 HSE, purchased new in August 2007? It now has nearly 44,000 miles on the clock and is absolutely perfect.

Patriot

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4