Rear Audio Controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sushisean

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to the manual the rear seat audio controls should allow the passengers to change the channels on fm, tracks on the cd, and volume over all speakers. Mine does not work this way. THe only thing the rear controls in my vehicle can do is change source, tracks, and volume on the source being listened too if the main system is not listening to the same source. I have a MY 06 HSE.

I think it would be nice to let a passenger play DJ and change the radio settings for all passengers to hear, as described in the manual. Is mine broken or does everyone's work this way?

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, the rear remote is only for changing the output of the headphone jack.

At least that is the only way it has every worked for me. Cool feature, but never used actually....

gtc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From my interpretation of the manual, the rear controls must be set to the same input as the main audio system for them to control that source - and when controlling the source, they can't change to a different source, only raise/lower the volume or switch stations/tracks. I don't have my LR3 (yet - hopefully later this week!), but it is a feature I noted in my research.

sushisean

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From my interpretation of the manual, the rear controls must be set to the same input as the main audio system for them to control that source - and when controlling the source, they can't change to a different source, only raise/lower the volume or switch stations/tracks. I don't have my LR3 (yet - hopefully later this week!), but it is a feature I noted in my research.

That was my interpretation as well. Rather than my car being broken, it seems like that part of the owner's manual is written poorly.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Land Rover documentation isn't known for it's accuracy. The behavior as you see it today is "as designed" and there is nothing wrong. The rear controls can't control the radio station tuner or the CD when the same is selected on the main stereo. The front maintains full control. I personally prefer this behavior... I'd rather not have any passenger/child 'have fun' with what I'm playing.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72