Rear Camera and Rear/Front Sensor Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I asked the dealer about it and he said that the newer models have the muting feature, but not my 2011 -- and it's not something that they can "fix". :(

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I asked the dealer about it and he said that the newer models have the muting feature, but not my 2011 -- and it's not something that they can "fix". :(
Sorry to hear that! Like I said, my 2011 was an HSE non-Lux and it muted immediately when I put it into reverse; however, I did not have the front parking sensors.

LR4USN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer taking a look on Friday as they agree it should be muting in reverse.

Additionally. My nav instructions are odd in that during a command 1/2 way though the command it doubles the volume. So it's low volume and then gets twice as loud.

I shall see what comes of this after my service call on Friday. Loaner due hope its not a dreaded nasty dirty rental from enterprise next door. Why can't they provide a LR loaner like my lovely BMW dealer does Haha

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer taking a look on Friday as they agree it should be muting in reverse.
I see you have a 2011 Lux -- that's what I have as well. If your dealer can fix it, please get some specific details on what the fix entails, so I can tell my dealer. Thanks!

LR4USN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well 4 days in the shop and this is what wasted time nets me...(I have two other issues during the service visit and share 2 and 3 below. BTW, the 2012 LR2 HSE loaner DID drop volume of music when sensors went active and when first put it in reverse, then music would pop back up and then drop down if the senors went active)

.... notes from dealer on work order.......

1 - PDC ISSUE - LR says replace instrument ipac faulty cluster DIAG found instrument PAC PDC speaker low toned

"Replaced and reconfigured new module rechecked. PDC volume working as designed.... PDC volume working per designed according to workshop manual per "VIN" this car cannot mute radio while putting in reverse...".

I will say the volume is louder but it does not mute, drop radio volume, when the senor is active...

Real Life - I pulled in tonight to test and it is the same way it was before.. music on, put in reverse - beep beep while music plays at same volume, approach object..beep beep with the radio playing a regular volume.

2 - ISSUE - locking door will 'beep beep' like the key fob is in car.

LR says "DIAG found bonet open on instrument pack found hood switch faulty replaced and rechecked I-PAC. Working as designed at this time."

. . . . . . . . went to lock the door and press the button on the door.. ''' beep beep ''' like the fob was in the freaking truck...

3 - Camera fault - The original TSB for camera fault completed last year, but the past few weeks front driver and passenger review mirror had blue screens..

.. . . they replaced white and purple filters per TSB LTB00430NAS2

I've not tried the camera as of yet....

OVERALL frustrated

Last edited:

kdegLR4

Reaction score
On the beeping while locking issue, you don't happen to keep your phone close to the key do you? I've noticed that if my key is in my pocket with my iPhone (or in very close proximity) my 2012 HSE will beep at me when I try to lock.

LR says "DIAG found bonet open on instrument pack found hood switch faulty replaced and rechecked I-PAC. Working as designed at this time."

. . . . . . . . went to lock the door and press the button on the door.. ''' beep beep ''' like the fob was in the freaking truck...

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well 4 days in the shop and this is what wasted time nets me...(I have two other issues during the service visit and share 2 and 3 below. BTW, the 2012 LR2 HSE loaner DID drop volume of music when sensors went active and when first put it in reverse, then music would pop back up and then drop down if the senors went active)

.... notes from dealer on work order.......

1 - PDC ISSUE - LR says replace instrument ipac faulty cluster DIAG found instrument PAC PDC speaker low toned

"Replaced and reconfigured new module rechecked. PDC volume working as designed.... PDC volume working per designed according to workshop manual per "VIN" this car cannot mute radio while putting in reverse...".

I will say the volume is louder but it does not mute, drop radio volume, when the senor is active...

Real Life - I pulled in tonight to test and it is the same way it was before.. music on, put in reverse - beep beep while music plays at same volume, approach object..beep beep with the radio playing a regular volume.

3 - Camera fault - The original TSB for camera fault completed last year, but the past few weeks front driver and passenger review mirror had blue screens..

.. . . they replaced white and purple filters per TSB LTB00430NAS2

I've not tried the camera as of yet....

OVERALL frustrated
Hey LR4USN,

How frustrating! Seriously, I am not sure why they say when checking your VIN the music does not mute when the beeping starts in reverse??? That seems silly to me as other folks have that function. I am sorry to hear that your stint at the dealership did not help. I hope at least the cameras work properly.

Keep us posted, sorry again.

-David

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112