Rear Fog Light switch/light?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MilehighLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, apparently I'm not doing something right . . . . .my LR3 has the factory fogs, so it also has a three position switch. First position is to turn on the head lights, second position (pull) to turn on the front foggers and the third position (pull again) is suppose to fire the rear fogs.

So here's my question . . . . WTH should I be looking for? I can't tell any difference when the lights are on/off, hit the brakes, put it in reverse, clap my hands, stomp my feet . . nada.

Can someone please clue me in ????

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
*** are you talking about? Indicators on your dash, or lighting effects outside? If it's the former then the indicators are on the dash; green light icon is the front fogs and an amber one represent the rears. If it's the latter, then have someone turn on the lights while you stand outside and watch for them.

This should be pretty simple...

samterri

Reaction score
The fog lights in the back are inside the red tail lights in the back of the vehicle. They just get brighter when you pull the switch in the third position. Hope that helps.

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rear fogs are only to enhance visibility for drivers approaching you from behind in VERY foggy or VERY snowy situations. They should not be used otherwise. It just needlessly ****** people off to run them in normal conditions.

Pull the switch when you have some signs in your rear view mirrors, you'll see them.

MilehighLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
*** are you talking about? Indicators on your dash, or lighting effects outside? If it's the former then the indicators are on the dash; green light icon is the front fogs and an amber one represent the rears. If it's the latter, then have someone turn on the lights while you stand outside and watch for them.

This should be pretty simple...

Lights outside . . . . .no difference, on or off . . . suppose the bulbs are burned out.

MilehighLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rear fogs are only to enhance visibility for drivers approaching you from behind in VERY foggy or VERY snowy situations. They should not be used otherwise. It just needlessly ****** people off to run them in normal conditions.

Pull the switch when you have some signs in your rear view mirrors, you'll see them.

Had no intentions running them for sh!ts and grins . . . . was just curious if I'd be able to notice a difference . . . which I don't . . . didn't know what to expect.

huelsmma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use them to get the idiots off my tail rather than givin them a brake check. It happens all the time here n FL (yet people wonder why so many rear end collisions happen) stop following so close!

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should get two bright red lights, one on each side, above the Reverse light IIRC. The tailights come out with just a couple of phillips screws, it may be worth taking a look. Could be a bad headlight switch as well, do you get an orange fog indicator under the green one?

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its actually just below the reverse light, I had to google:

tail_light.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM