Rear Suspenion...weird thing....DISCO 2000

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A

amvauto

Here is my story, my drivers side air shock was leaking and it was sunk in the back for about 3 weeks until I changed it with a replacement....easy as hell..10 min..anyway after I changed it it went back to normal (rasied up)...I parked it in the garage for 2 days...no problems...then I parked it outside overnight, I am in Winnipeg, CAD. so it was stupid cold...I think it was -40 Celsius (-40 Farenheit) with the windchill...so when I came out in the morn it sank again...I was ******...but as soon as I started the car, it raised and was fine....then I went to work it was again real cold and it sank it did this for 2 days, sank and raised...then it got warmer and it stopped sinking...it was like 3 weeks and no problems...then just last night the temp again hit -40 C (-40 F)and it sank...started the truck and raised...??
Right before I changed the air shock I brought it in for a Diagnostic and there were no errors with the Compressor, suspension, engine...nothing....again Rovers are not made for this type of Cold weather so I do think that the weather has an effect on this...becuase otherwise it works perfectly fine...anybody else experience this type of unexplained phenemonon????

Damn this is a long story....:)

Last edited by a moderator:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like something is freezing which is then expanding and causing a leak, as far as rovers and cold weather that isn't the issue, it is Air suspension and cold weather.

Mudquest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
General opinion is to keep it real, ditch the air suspension completely and replace with an actual spring/shock setup. You'll find it cheaper in the long run. (ie: no more failures) Fortunately my truck wasn't equipped with the SLS - it would just be something else to fix/replace/burn/trash and cause un-needed headache.

My .02

A

amvauto

It is the air....becuase of the extreme weather the air condenses which lowers the back...when the car is on its ok....
I love MY ROVER!!!
but I have decided to sell it...it has been a hard decision but it is time to go...
Thanks to all the Rover people...I will check in once in a while to see what;s up....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge