Recurring Fault Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dr z you're a little late to the party! We already have the problem diagnosed.

Battery is fine.
EAS and height sensors are fine.

It's either the brake switch or the steering angle sensor; addressed both.

Trynian

Reaction score
Cool, glad you got it narrowed down. Have to keep that break switch in mind. Lucky with the faultmate MSV-2 I can recalibrate the steering angle sensor to rule it out in the future.

Last edited:

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool, glad you got it narrowed down. Have to keep that break switch in mind. Lucky with the faultmate MSV-2 I can recalibrate the steering angle sensor to rule it out in the future.

Scott, can you tell me what you paid for your faultmate. I would like to start looking
at one of those.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that the expensive one? ....$1200-1400? I was wondering whether or not it could do it!

Trynian

Reaction score
Scott, can you tell me what you paid for your faultmate. I would like to start looking
at one of those.

Is that the expensive one? ....$1200-1400? I was wondering whether or not it could do it!

It was around $1328 all said and done with shipping and a CC surcharge.

So far it has been a great tool and is worth it for the time I plan to keep this car. Plus you can transfer the single vehicle license to a new LR for small fee in the future.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it make the rod-mod old news? I heard you can program the suspension with that sucker...

Trynian

Reaction score
Does it make the rod-mod old news? I heard you can program the suspension with that sucker...

Yes, you can recalibrate the suspension on the fly. You have to use a laptop to do so. It also does not allow you to get an out of range suspension fault that can happen with the rod mod when you go into extended modes. You can still go into extended and super extended, the car just will not raise any further once maxed because you are already there.

I maxed it out and it was about 2.5 inches over normal. But I would not run it at that as it seems to make the compressor work more. I have been using 1.5 inches over norm and that seems to work great.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM