Reliability

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k-lr4

Reaction score
Ummm....LR3 is > LR4 from what I can tell, if nothing else just based on the engine having fewer Achilles heels. @[email protected] sure Toyotas and Hondas are reliable but they are nowhere near as capable as Rovers off-road or on-road. They are appliances....

I'm assuming you are making an exception for the Toyota Land Cruiser in regards to off road capability.

k-lr4

Reaction score
Huh? I owned an LR3 and then an LR4 and now have a Range Rover and I'm here to tell you that they are very expensive to maintain,esp. if you take them to the dealer. Maybe my local dealer is just particularly predatory, but my experience is that even routine maintenance costs much more for LRs than, say, Toyotas. I loved my LR4. It was big, powerful, luxurious and spacious, but it became terribly expensive to maintain after I put over 150,000 miles on it. When my RR starts having consistent issues, I'm selling it.

can't help but agree with this. both me and my wife love our lr4. its a 2013 HSE LUX at 120K miles. we plan on keeping it till at least 150K. we have maintained it meticulously including oil changes every 7K miles. Have not had the cross-over coolant pipes replaced yet. front LCAs replaced as part of a comprehensive 100K mile service and refresh that included all fluids and plugs. But beyond 150K just the parts that need replacing or at risk of failure (for eg - front and rear sealed drive shafts, transmissions, transfer cases, differentials and not to mention all the initial ones that have been replaced that will come due including LCAs water pumps, etc) makes it a hard proposition to continue to keep this one. Of course, if you have an unlimited budget and want to keep it for part time use and get another SUV for daily duties, then that is a totally different scenario altogether. BUt the LR4 as a daily and a long distance family hauler beyond 150K is a hard sell.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72