Remote question..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L

loredo

Hiya, I have been trying for the past couple hours to program my key remote to activate the suspension.
Has anyone tried this and succeed?
This is what I have been attempting:
1. Turned off vehicle
(within the minute did the following..)
2. Hold down Land Rover button
3. Press down suspension knob
I even pressed the hazzard button.
also tried with the key out ignition.
still no luck. anyone?
cheers!

madtownrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine works...I just followed the instructions in the manual. Unfortunately, it's pretty useless. It only works if you turn on the hazard lights and close all the doors. At that point, I might as well just start up the truck and lower the suspension normally.

M

mpn1

the remote is for trailering. You use it when you are hooking up, so the doors would be closed and the hazards could ( should?) be on. then it will lower the rig. So says my service guy....

madtownrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mpn1 said:
the remote is for trailering. You use it when you are hooking up, so the doors would be closed and the hazards could ( should?) be on. then it will lower the rig. So says my service guy....

Yes, I understand that. But still pretty useless. I hooked up my trailer the other day...backed up the truck and lowered the suspension BEFORE getting out of the truck. I suppose I could have then turned on the hazards, removed the keys, and lined up the hitch before raising the truck to meet the tongue. But that's not any easier or more convenient than just lining up the tongue and dropping it on the already lowered ball. YMMV

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM