Removing Steering Wheel...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

Matt_Grim2

How exactly would i go about removing the steering wheel to replace w/ woodgrain one ?

Jaak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ummmm ... be carefull of the airbag ..... best left to those with INS. to cover for the 'sudden' expansion ....

M

Matt_Grim2

thanks for the iput, i am waiting for my friend who owns a custom shop so i think i will wait and let him do it, just a little impaitent wish someone knew how so i could take it off now, he can't do it for another week...

S

schafari

If I were you, I would download the instructions from the LR GRT website. You can get a daily, monthly, or yearly subscription. Get a daily one at least. If you are removing the streering wheel, and all the mods you seem to be doing, this ounce of planning and prevention will likely save you immense frusteration, and other worse things.

IIRC, there are a few tricky things in removing the steering wheel. Something with the plastic ring that likely breaks, and need a new one, or replacement wheel should have one, but doesn't 99% of the time. . .

M

Matt_Grim2

Thanks for the websites i will be using them...

The company that makes the Woodgrain just e-mailed me back theese instsructions on removing the Steering wheel...

As long as you know how to remove the airbag module, the rest is very easy.

On both side of your steering wheel, there is one little hole. You need to use a small screw driver(flat head) or alan key that is small enough and long enough that you can push through the small hole and able to reach the “pin” inside. As long as you push all the way in and push the “pin”, automatically you will release the airbag module.

Once the airbag module is released, disconnect the wire connectors and put it on the side. Then remove the big bolt that hold the steering wheel to the shaft and then use your hands to pull the steering wheel out. That’s it!

MAtt

M

Matt_Grim2

no matter how hard i try i can't remove the sterring wheel... please help ?

S

schafari

Did you access the GTR (Land Rover Service Repair Manual) web site and look at the instructions?

M

Matt_Grim2

Where do i go on the website to access the instructions ?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9