Replaced my AMK Compressor with a new one today. Now my venting is almost embarrassingly loud.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turismo Kid

Reaction score
I'm a noob so I might have done something wrong but it's a pretty straightforward forward job. It vents loud when going to access mode. When I go up to off-road mode there's a quick pressure release when the compressor reaches appropriate pressure. It's loud enough that I might startle someone standing there not expecting it with their back to the vehicle. You could hear the previous AMK but it was MUCH quieter when venting. Are there AMK models that are known for this? I just got whatever they were selling at FCP Euro, it came with appropriate kit for the LR4, so I assume it was a model appropriate for the vehicle. Maybe I installed the shroud incorrectly, but I'm not sure how? Any lessons learned from those of you that have worked through this?

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The exhaust port is connected to a hose that runs up into the fender well area. Maybe the hose popped off.

Turismo Kid

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. The elbow fitting for the exhaust blew right off the compressor. It’s not a break, just like it was never cemented on. I’ll look into a proper cementing adhesive and it should be a quick fix.

Thanks again for being a sounding board and offering some some solid advice.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV