Replacing broken rear sunroof....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

disco-mojo

Hi all! Ok, new to the rover thread... saw this, thought somebody might be able to help out...

We have a 99 discoII that was accidentally shattered while backing into our garage (yes, sunroof was fully up... what a mess!). So, we have since bought a replacement sunroof, arms and tracks. This has been a project and a half, i tell ya...

Anyway, my question is this... has anyone installed one of these baby's before? We got it in, but when you close it, the rear edge of the window is catching on the lip of the seal around the pan, and rolling it backwards, preventing the sunroof from completely going down... Any suggestions???

Additionally, when installing the tracks, a small piece that attached the sunroof arm to the device in the track broke... its flat, oval shaped, with two notches on either end as it slides in the track... does anyone know if this piece is replaceable? A replacement piece was made, but i'm not sure how long it will end up lasting...

Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! :albertein

D

discomike

Well,
Welcome to the group, wish I could help you but that is one job I have not tackeled.
Good luck and by the way I also have a 99 and if there are any other questions get back to us.
Mike J.

D

disco-mojo

Hey, thanks Mike! I'm sure eventually we'll have some questions... like... why does our SRS light keep staying on??? its annoying :p We think it has something to do with the fact that the sunroof was missing for a while, and the interior got a bit damp... but, who knows? Hey... maybe that should be another topic... I think I'll get to that :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72