Replacing the LR3 with....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bgsntth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well lads,

The lease is up on my LR3 in June, and I was looking for a replacement. Was entertaining getting a CPOed RRS or LR3, and dropped by the local Porsche dealer to look at/rule out the base V6 Cayenne; as I was leaning to a sporty SUV since I had to turn the Cayman in last summer. Told the dealer I would be interested in a Manual V6, as I miss the third pedal, and he found away to get me into a GTS with Manual transmission and Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control :biggrin:

So call it a three year experiment. Crazy power with absolutely flat cornering, and monster brakes. I do plan on putting a set of 18" wheels with Pirelli ATRs and a front steel skid plate. It does have air suspension (10" of ground clearance at highest setting), PDCC (detachable sway-bars), and a low-range with locking center diff; but a lot of plastic dangling bits that I want to see if I can take-off.

Hopefully, LRNA bring out a lighter, diesel LR3 or an RRS with more head-room in the next 3 years. I still have a few more off-road trips planned with the LR3 before I have to give it back, and will really miss the lumbering beast.

Pics of my GTS, stolen from the dealer site.

Attachments

• GTS_Side.jpg
    GTS_Side.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 129
  • GTS_Snout.jpg
    GTS_Snout.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 127

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is so mean looking. Enjoy.

Hey, coincidentally I just got a telepathic message from RonLR3 that he's next going to discuss on the LR3 board whether he might buy one of those cool Cayman Pepper SUVs, too, but in a cool custom metallic aquamarine color and with the 23.5" chrome spinner wheel/whitewall and "sport" decal stripe design packages; keep an eye out for him your Porsche club meets -- oh, wait, now he thinks that the Porsh is simply too focussed as a family oriented vehicle for a he-man of his size and 450 foot long, 27 degree incline, serpentine, mountainside, uphill both ways, snow-covered driveway. Phew, that was a close call for you.

Drive safely and within the legal limits - if you can in a GTS!

Last edited:

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your going to replace your LR3, that is a good vehicle to replace it with.
Good luck.

codemonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are really nice, and I considered one with the air suspension when I was looking at LR3's. If you decide to wheel it, please come back and post your thoughts - those still grab at me every time I see a nice one.

bgsntth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the lack of derision gents. It is diabolical and geared so low that I am completely ignoring first gear altogether, and starting-off in second.

After commuting in to the City this morning, I am definetly getting 18" wheels. Amazingly, there seems to be a healthy supply of 18" OE Cayenne take-offs from Florida......

My goal is to climb the 30+ degree slope that the LR3 is perched on in my signature pic below, and lap Laguna Seca in less than 2 minutes. With 18" wheels for the former and the OE 21" for the latter, of course.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at them as well, but the lack of a 3rd row, made it a no go.
I love the idea of a manual.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM