Reset Service Milage Light?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you reset the "Service" indicator on the LR3? I am getting a service -1500 miles number apon startup... My Indy doesn't know how to reset the counter. Any info appreciated.

schafari

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You won't be happy. For what ever reason, LR did no program a user resettable code into the display. You have to take it to the dealer on the LR3. It might have changed depending on what year you have, but on the 2005, there is absolutely no way to do it other than at the dealer. They are happy to reset it for you. . .for $50. . .

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The SII on MY08s and later can be reset manually, for 05-07s the dealer needs to do so with diagnostics software.

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The SII on MY08s and later can be reset manually, for 05-07s the dealer needs to do so with diagnostics software.

With Diagnostics software or through the OBDII?

I find it hard to believe there is no other choice but the stealer.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer resets it with IDS. I don't believe there is a cheaper way to do it through OBDII.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72